Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas and Kale
- 1 Red Dog Spaghetti Squash
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Red Dog Shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon minced Red Dog Rosemary
- pinch of chili flakes
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch chopped Red Dog Red Curly Kale
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (or capers or olives)
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- optional: a bit of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice your squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle. Place the squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour or until the flesh is tender and you can scrape noodle-like strands with a fork. Remove squash from the oven, let it cool slightly and use a fork to scrape the squash into strands.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan, then add the shallot, garlic, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and pepper.