About our 2024 Tractor Specialist Position
Full Time: 40 hours/ week
Position Timeline: Beginning April through Oct/Nov/Dec
Schedule: Work days are generally Monday through Friday, with some weekends April- June. A one-week vacation after July is encouraged, and winter vacation time of up to two months is negotiable.
This position primarily operates equipment in our fields under the direction of the production manager. Previous experience with equipment, particularly in the context of row crop farming, is desired. Strong applicants would have common sense and mechanical awareness and be able to follow complex directions. This position also works on the field crew team when tractor work is not available. This may involve harvesting, working in the packshed, making deliveries, moving irrigation lines, or any other field work task.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
- Perform field tractor work using a variety of equipment and implements, including but not limited to fertilizing, plowing, chiseling, discing, mowing, tilling, flaming, cultivating, seeding, spraying, laying plastic and drip, pulling plastic and drip, digging potatoes, root lifting, transplanting, and operating a walk-behind tiller
- Perform non-field tractor work, such as bucket work, box blade, towing, load moving, unloading
- Farm labor, including harvest, washing/packing produce, irrigation, field work
Background and Skills
- Tractor and other equipment experience preferred (will train the right candidate)
- Experience driving manual transmission vehicles
- Mechanical awareness- ability to problem-solve and think creatively, using resources on-hand and common sense
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and situations
- Ability to work independently primarily, while also being part of a team
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be capable of handling physically demanding work
$18-20 per hour DOE, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked). Time-and-a-half overtime pay for hours over 40 per week. Gear stipend. Weekly group lunch with all farm employees. Housing is not included, but we help new hires find housing by posting flyers and reaching out to our connections in the community. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.