About our 2024 Field Crew Positions
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Season: March 2024 and requires a commitment to work the full season through the end of Dec 2024
Schedule: Monday- Friday
We seek one talented individual to run our lively, well-organized packshed. This is an essential and valuable role on the farm, being the final point between the fields and our customers. The ideal applicant would be passionate about local food systems, have excellent attention to detail, be adept at multi-tasking, be able to work quickly and accurately, uphold and communicate about quality standards, enjoy training and leading the work of others, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additionally, the Packshed Lead will work with the crew in the fields when not in the Packshed Lead role. To work successfully in the field crew role, one must be smart, strong, detail-oriented, possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a new challenge.
- The primary responsibility is to run the packshed: train and oversee crew; wash and pack orders; manage paperwork and packaging inventory; communicate effectively with harvest manager, farm manager, and farm owner; coordinate crew tasks; and maintain high quality standards throughout a variety of changing variables.
- On field crew, the primary responsibility is to harvest.
- Additional field work includes but is not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing and moving irrigation.
- Additional non-field work: washing/packing produce, greenhouse work, plant starts, farmers markets, delivering, and farmstand stocking.
Background and Skills
- One year experience on an organic vegetable farm
- Produce handling experience
- People management interest or experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent arithmetic skills
- Ability to perform well with and enjoy working under deadlines and pressure
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Team player and able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
$18-20 DOE, as well as fruits & veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked). Time-and-a-half overtime pay for hours over 40 per week. Gear stipend. Weekly group lunch with all farm employees. Housing is not included, but we help new hires find housing by posting flyers and reaching out to our connections in the community. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.